Re: WNEF 91.7 almost on air

At 12:04 AM 12/29/01 -0800, Bob Nelson...WMWM wrote:
>--- Howard Glazer <hmglaz@webtv.net> wrote:
> > one relative in particular who
> > curses your station every time he wants to hear folk
> > music:)

Maybe the person just needs to get a better radio.  Older radios and cheap
radios will not have the selectivity of a modern, high quality stereo.  And
in many cases a good, directional antenna can do wonders.

>Would have hoped they'd do at least one show a week
>with local interest-- have some Seacoast area
>folk artists perform, or have a DJ from the area
>come down and play their own stuff. But I guess
>not; just a simulcast of WUMB all the time, eh...

The probably don't have the facilities to do that.  You may want to call
next time they have one of their call in "ask the manager" shows and ask
the question.  Of course, if they did a special show for the Newburryport
station, there would also be pressure to do ones for their stations in
Worcester and on the Cape.
---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH