RE: WCSH signing off

At 01:26 AM 12/29/01 -0500, Michael P Fitzpatrick Jr. wrote:
><Larry Weil Wrote>
>
> > I think we should be careful about answering this kind of question on a
> > publicly accessible mailing list.  There could be people reading who have
> > intentions other than photography.
>
>Anyway all my tower research was done using two things, the FCC website (a
>US GOVERMENT database), and the Delorme Topo map (Using US Geographical
>Survey maps), also publicly accessible. Trust me, if any broadcast sites are
>terrorist targets, anything Me, Scott Fybush, Garrett Wollman, Jim Hawkins,
>or any other tower guy does using photography won't be providing any new
>information they don't all ready know.

Yea, I know all the the info is publicly available, but info like whether
there is an easy walkway up there and if the gate is kept locked is not.  I
just feel that answers to that kind of question are best answered in
private e-mail to an individual who you know has pure intentions, rather
than posting them in a public forum.

I know your intentions have nothing to do with anything meant to cause
harm, but there are people out there whose goals may include disabling
communications systems.  Why make it easy for them?
---
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH