Re: WHOM/WPKQ STL Question

At 07:05 PM 12/10/01 +0000, dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:
>WHOM has the largest coverage area of any FM in the US.
>The runner-up is the Pacifica station in LA (KPFA?
>KPFK?), which would be the winner if a large part of its
>coverage area were not over the Pacific Ocean. FCC rules
>say that you don't count open water in a station's
>coverage area.
>--

Out of curiousity, where would WGBH fit into this equation?  Aren't they
the only Class C 98kW in New England?   Sure, a lot of their coverage area
is the Atlantic, but if you were to factor that in....it's got to be a BIG
coverage area (I can receive WGBH quite well on the Connecticut coastline
in New London...nearly 100 miles from the Great Blue Hill!)

Aaron "Bishop" Read     / aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting / www.friedbagels.com
12 Walnut St. / Waltham, MA / 02453