Re: Smooth Jazz-NAC

---- Original Message -----
From: "SteveOrdinetz" <steveord@wavewizard.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: Smooth Jazz-NAC

> Especially since Smooth Jazz is essentially 60s-style Beautiful Music
> reincarnated.  They had to come up with a new name to make it sound fresh
&
> palatable to a new generation who associated BM with Henry Mancini,
> Lawrence Welk, etc.

I would be interested to know if jibguy agrees with the statement above.  It
does seem that Smooth Jazz fills the same niche as beautiful music:
non-offensive, background music.  On the other hand, the statement still
doesn't ring true to me.  I thought traditional Beautiful Music was aimed at
an older audience, while Smooth Jazz is seeking a younger, hipper, urban
audience.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine