Re: Evidently, WMass don't matter

Adam:
    Please lighten up, my friend!  While the BRI is
geared mainly towards a audience, East of Worcester,
your thoughts on radio and television broadcasting in
Western New England are just as important to us, as
readers.  I myself am no stranger to Western Mass..  I
lived in Great Barrington and Westfield for many
years. I was a jock at Westfield State College's
WSKB-FM (89.5) from 1978-1980.  I have many friends
who work at some of the Springfield area's TV and
radio stations.  In fact, I plan to be an "in-studio"
guest on Jeff Barna's Saturday Night Oldies Show on (a
station YOU should be VERY familiar with)
WCCH-FM/103.5 in Holyoke, when the transmitter
situation is fixed over the next few weeks. In fact, I
will see to it to offer my engineering assistance to
WCCH IF they need it at ANYTIME over the next few
weeks.  And yes, 'CCH will be in Stereo and will sound
better than ever.
     So, Adam.... please do not take it to heart.
Western Mass. does matter.  Just because there are no
comments on some of your postings, does not
necessarily mean that no one is interested.  73!

-Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
 Whitman, Massachusetts

--- Patriotsrule417@prodigy.net wrote:
> I am really angered by the fact that whenever I post
> something about Western
> Massachusetts, not one person on this darn list
> cares one bit. No one ever
> replies, when you see "Springfield" or "Western
> Mass" you just hit the
> delete button. Just like the Massachusetts Turnpike
> Authority and the
> government of our state, raising tolls and taxes for
> Western Massachusetts
> for things that need to be done in the Eastern part
> of the state. Obviously,
> in all aspects of life, we, your hardest working
> people, the only place in
> Massachusetts where there is considerable farmland
> and country, old-time
> values.. I talk about Western Massachusetts and
> nobody cares. I realize that
> this is a "Boston" radio-interest list, but the
> mission of the list does say
> stuff about Springfield. I would appreciate if you
> read WMass' people's
> posts and took the time to respond. The people of
> Western Mass are very
> hardworking, and should not be punished for things
> happening in the eastern
> part of the state. The hardworking, interested radio
> DXers out here would
> really appreciate it if one person east of Worcester
> cared about us.
>
> I didn't know the state ended at Worcester.
>
> ~adam

=====
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts