Re: Concert for New York

Mark Watson wrote:

>  I don't know if other stations were having problems with the feed
>(was it Westwood 1?) but every couple of minutes the audio would drop out
>for about a second, which got to be annoying after a while. Or maybe a
>problem at WBEC's end?

I caught about half of the show (I presume we're talking the country
concert?) on our station (WOTX/Concord, N.H.) and didn't hear any dropouts.
 WW1 was having a problem with dropouts on some CBS feeds about a month
ago, but that seems to have been fixed.

I did get a panicked call at 7:45 PM Sunday night from WOTX's PD saying
that WW1 was feeding pre-show audio on the left channel, and a sporting
event on the right.  She told me today that they dumped the sports and went
to the concert at 7:59:45.  I'm sure I wasn't the only engineer who got a
call that night!!  Seems like they cut things a bit close (I wonder if this
was an active game, or if someone just had a wrong patch at WW1 master
control).