Re: Concert for New York

>  I was in Lenox MA last night, with my girlfriend &
> her parents. We were
> listening to the concert on WBEC (105.5) Pittsfield,
> who kept breaking in
> every 15 minutes or so ( between acts usually) to
> tell us we were listening
> to the concert on "Live 105 WBEC Pittsfield and WZEC
> 97.5 in Bennington,
> Vermont". I don't know if other stations were having
> problems with the feed
> (was it Westwood 1?) but every couple of minutes the
> audio would drop out
> for about a second, which got to be annoying after a
> while. Or maybe a
> problem at WBEC's end?

Must have been WBEC's, unless they took the feed from
somewhere other than Westwood one.  Here at WKIT, we
didn't have any problems with that.  The biggest
problem with the broadcast, was the lack of
opportunitys for ID's.  Once a performance stopped
that lady from VH1 would start talking.  I only got a
chance to throw in a once second "WKIT, Brewer,
Bangor" around the top of the hour, other than that,
there was no chance for any local IDs at all during
the show.

By the way, did anyone else notice the "F" word that
slipped by?  It was during Mick Jaggers performance of
"Miss You" He said "You've been f--king with my
mind..."

Tony Randazzo
WKIT