Re: Concert for New York

On 21 Oct 2001 at 1:31, RadioTony@aol.com wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong here, but isn't this the same chap, who along
> with the Fab Four, ushered in the era of peace and love? Isn't this the
> same guy marching against the war in Vietnam, where one country was
> fighting another country for freedom? I don't really want to argue the
> validity of that war, which I probably wouldn't have supported, but
> the hypocrisy by McCartney reeks. Lennon, wherever he is, is rolling in
> his grave.

Many people who fought in World War II (such as George McGovern) were opposed to U.S.
intervention in what they saw as a civil war in Vietnam.  Similarly, many who opposed the war in
Vietnam see the present conflict as a different matter.  U.S. territory was attacked this time,
deliberately and directly.

Even if that weren't so, it isn't necessarily hypocrisy for someone to see things differently now
than they did 30 years ago.  Do your opinions never change?

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
  15 Court Square, Suite 210                      lawyer@attorneyross.com