The World Champion Boston Red Sox!!!(was Re: College radio streaming (was Re: XTRA)

Dan B asked of Jeremy:
>>I was wondering, as a proud alumni of the school, if ypu knew of any of
the school's graduates
have made it big in the business. <<

Dan...

    our Biddeford Buddy, Gary Tanguay, was a Nessbycommie....  after he
finished, he spent some time with the venerable, legendary George Hale and
then came a little closer to his Mass. roots by hanging out with us at
WIDE/WYJY.  he snuck out of radio for a little bit, but of course, the evil
empire sucked him right back in.  after doing his "CallingAllSports" thing,
the TV side beckoned, and now he's the FoxSports NewEngland local-edition
host.
    every May, the resume package of the upcoming broadcast-major graduates
would be distributed to all of the gm/pd's in Maine, and we, the
need-a-breathing-human managers, would make calls.  if, and i say IF, one
out of seven were still interested in broadcasting, that would be a kind
assessment.  most of the graduates seem to have fulfilled some deep-rooted
desire and then decided that investment banking was a better career choice.
who knew that they were right? ;-)
   i know that many broadcasters teach this profession as a part-time thing.
i often hear that what they would LIKE to teach and what they are SUPPOSED
to teach are not the same critter; the inference being that the curriculum
is for an "ideal" situation as opposed to a real one.

- -Chuck (i really hate the NY Yankees) Igo