RE: AM 740 not doing Legal ID

On 4 Sep 2001, at 16:38, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> If I recall the revision history from the CFR correctly, the legal-ID
> rules were completely rewritten in 1972, which I think was coincident
> with the end of the half-hour legal ID requirement.

Really?  That sounds a bit early to me.  I thought the liberalization of the
half-hour requirement would have been sometime in the degregulation
80s, not 1972.  I know I first noticed it in the summer of 1992, when I
was driving around Vermont and trying to identify the stations I was
hearing on the radio.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210          lawyer@attorneyross.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503           http://www.attorneyross.com