Re: Paul Allen

How much can WWZN cost to run? $2 million a year sounds
high. Almost all of the programming comes from the bird.
Yeah, I know, that will change--especially after the
Celtics contract kicks in. For now, though, I bet the
biggest expense is the power bill.

If I'm not mistaken Allen's net worth has been estimated
to be in the $20 billion area. So at $2 million per
year, he could keep WWZN going for 10,000 years,
assuming that the $20 billion produced zero income and
that WWZN was his only losing investment--both pretty
lousy assumptions.

Still, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to
lose sleep over Allen's financial well-being.