which the Wangs were engaged.  I hope for Fred's and Courtney's and
Juliette's sake, they didn't blow it all.

--------- Forwarded Message ---------

DATE: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:46:05
From: dan.strassberg@att.net
To: lglavin@lycos.com
Cc:"Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com>, boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
How much can WWZN cost to run? $2 million a year sounds
high. Almost all of the programming comes from the bird.
Yeah, I know, that will change--especially after the
Celtics contract kicks in. For now, though, I bet the
biggest expense is the power bill.

If I'm not mistaken Allen's net worth has been estimated
to be in the $20 billion area. So at $2 million per
year, he could keep WWZN going for 10,000 years,
assuming that the $20 billion produced zero income and
that WWZN was his only losing investment--both pretty
lousy assumptions.

Still, it probably doesn't make a whole lot of sense to
lose sleep over Allen's financial well-being.

> Even several BILLION dollars is a finite amount; how long can
> even a person of his resources keep bleeding moolah?

--------- End Forwarded Message ---------

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!