Re: Boston radio's pizza connection

I have connected every one of my postings in this thread to radio. And the
connections were not contrived. The discussion IS appropriate to the group!
Radio, as a news and communications medium, transcends narrow interests.
Sorry.

I think it's pretty easy to make the case that nothing could be MORE central
to the topic of radio than discussions of free speech and free expression.
Your own request to the moderator to foreclose such discussions
demonstrates a lack of sensitivity to the essence of freedom of expression
in a democratic society.

Just as you have the ability and the perfect right to shut off the radio or
change the station if you hear a program that doesn't appeal to you, you
have the right to close or delete any message you receive from the list
server (or if you receive the list mailings in digest form, to skip past
those in which you have no interest).

I should know who said "the price of freedom is eternal vigilence, but I
don't. Well, in this case, the price is receiving mail on topics that don't
interest you. I feel a little sorry for you because you aren't interested,
but I suggest that you learn to live with your boredom. Alas, the topic will
run its course and you'll get your wish. A lot of people will heave a sigh
of relief, and that, too, will probably be unfortunate.

--

Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
Phone: 1-617-558-4205, eFax: 1-707-215-6367