Re: Not only that........

Some of these new "all 80's" stations around the country do lean more
alternative than others.  The one in Houston, for example, plays a lot of stuff
from Depeche Mode, The Cure, The Smiths etc. in addition to the typical 80's
titles.  Unfortunately the handful of stations that were experimenting with the
"alternative oldies" format have flipped to other types of music, which may mean
those titles simply burn out too quickly as part of a 24/7 format.

Mike Thomas