Berryhill leaves WMEX

According to today's Globe, Mark Berryhill (I believe
formerly of Channel 7) is leaving or has left the post
of VP and GM of WMEX 1060 to become GM of KRON-TV in San
Francisco. Isn't KRON about to become an independent
station after five decades as an NBC affiliate? Nobody
could quite understand why a successful major market TV
GM left a plum job in TV to join a startup AM (and a
daytimer at that). As a listener, rather than an
insider, I never understood what Berryhill did as WMEX
GM. It appears that WMEX owner, Alex Langer, has been
playing a major role in the station's day-to-day
operations. Now, Berryhill is apparently leaving radio
to go back to managing a major-market VHF TV station,
although, if I'm right about KRON becoming an indie, he
may have his work cut out for him.