Re: Berryhill leaves WMEX

Looks like the high and mighty plans for WMEX are getting whittled away bit
by bit....

Interesting programming is one thing....a good business plan is another.

I'm all for high-minded programming...but this is a good example of how good
programming isn't always an easy "sell"....and some of the best laid plans
don't add up to enough revenue to cover the expenses.

And sometimes programming decisions are made to make the business plan work.

This has come up from time to time talking formats....classical, jazz, talk,
etc. where the "high minded programming" doesn't quite "make the nut"!

> Nobody
> could quite understand why a successful major market TV
> GM left a plum job in TV to join a startup AM (and a
> daytimer at that).

I too wondered if his time was up at Channel 7...and he was grabbing
something before he got shown the door.

Or maybe, just maybe, Alex Langer offerred him some good dough to take the
job.   Alex Langer has appeared to be the one who was overconfident in the
"WMEX plan".  Maybe Berryhilll and Langer shared the same ideological bent.

I wonder if he has come to terms with the reality/expense of his "Fanuil
Hall studios"...