Re: Gay-rights backers don't want 'Dr. Laura' on TV

At 10:26 PM 9/7/00 -0400, Larry Weil wrote:
Except that, aside from two hours a week on WFNX, there is no discussion of
the other views.  Perhaps if the stations airing Dr. Laura would air a
balancing program representing the other views, their airing of Dr. Laura
would not be so offensive.
>--
>Larry Weil
>Lake Wobegone, NH

Fine with me as long as the station wasn't forced to do it.  If the market
will support it and the station feels that it's profitable, go for it.

For example, I personally feel, after trying to listen objectively, that
Tom Leykis and Majorie Claprood are two of the biggest idiots in
radio.  Will I threaten stations that carry either or both of them or
threaten their sponsors with a boycott?  No.  I will find something else to
listen to while their shows are broadcast.  If enough people agree with my
opinion sooner or later the syndicator or station will get the message and
find some programming that gets a bigger audience and is more
profitable.  Apparently enough people oppose my view and these folks are
still employed.

Brian

-- Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.,75 Walnut St., Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax (978)538-7550/Sales (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
www.cssinc.com