Re: Gay-rights backers don't want 'Dr. Laura' on TV

At 10:33 PM 9/7/00 -0400, Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:
>         Turning it around, it's just like ultra-right wing preachers
>telling their zombie followers to boycott Disney because Disney extended
>domestic-partner benefits to its gay employees.

It's their right to do so.  When the boycott fizzles its their loss.

>         And at the risk of derailing this whole list, I never thought
>"gay" was a lifestyle.
>
>         Now I have to go take a "gay" shower and go to sleep in my "gay"
>bed so I can "gaily" wake up tomorrow so  I can take a "gay" train to go
>to my "gay" job.  >;-)
Sven,

This is not a personal affront.  Homosexuality is every bit a lifestyle as
Heterosexuality, Bisexuality or non-sexuality (if there is such a
term)is.  This is not a judgement as to which is better or which is right
or wrong.  If the use of the phrase "lifestyle" is offensive to you, it was
not intended.  Perhaps "persuasion" or "leaning" would be less
offensive?  By your logic, I'm sitting at my "straight" desk at my
"straight" job, etc. Do we really need these games?

Would "have a 'gay' day" be an appropriate salutation?
-- Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.,75 Walnut St., Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax (978)538-7550/Sales (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
www.cssinc.com