Re: Gay-rights backers don't want 'Dr. Laura' on TV

At 10:20 PM 9/7/00 -0400, Paul Anderson wrote:
>On 9/7/00 10:02 PM, Brian T. Vita wrote:
>
> > If they want the freedom to discuss their lifestyle then they have to allow
> > those who want to discuss an opposing view.
>
>Would you allow someone like the Klu Klux Klan to have a TV show then?

Yes and let it die from lack of ratings, not extortion to the station or
its sponsors.  While we're at it, let the black and Jewish communities air
their opposing views on their own programs.

When no one watches Klan TV, it will quickly run out of steam and funding
and die on its own. I'm saying don't stop if from being broadcast on the
basis that YOU don't want ME to watch it (this is an illustration only - I
have no desire to watch, promote or defend "Klan TV").

>The First Amendment
>protects both Not-a-Dr. Laura and the KKK to say what they want, however
>incorrect or unpopular their views are.

My point exactly.  Let the market decide what works and doesn't.  Don't let
a group with an opposing view extort a station or sponsor from showing an
opposing view.

Brian
-- Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.,75 Walnut St., Peabody, MA  01960-5626
(978)538-7575/Fax (978)538-7550/Sales (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
www.cssinc.com