Re: the language watch continues

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Mike Thomas wrote:

> More ageism, I guess.  Gen-Xers don't watch the news for the same reason older
> Americans have stopped watching.  Most of it is filled with happy talk and
> lifestyle garbage and less real current event related stories and analysis.

	EXACTLY!  What compelling reason is there for me to watch Channel
9's 10 p.m. newscast when the lead story will be a puff piece on Star
Trek's Jerri Ryan and forthcoming Paramount movie projects that bear the
Star Trek cashcow's name?

People get killed halfway around the world in (the-former) Yugoslavia,
Colombia's in a civil war with people that threaten that country's
democratically elected government, world leaders are swarming over to NYC
for the UN millenium summit and what?  Our newscasts are extensions of
Entertainment Tonight?

--
Sven F. Weil
email: sven@chookus.com