Re: the language watch continues

At 8:14 AM -0400 9/5/00, Dave Faneuf wrote:
>I'd leave it uncensored.  If it were one of George Carlin's 7 deadly
>words then I'd edit it, but leave enough in so that you would know what
>he said.  If he said it about me I'd probably use it on my resume :-)

So you'd base your decisions about news coverage on a comedy routine?

One day last week (I think), I heard Lionel on WTKK refer to GWB as a
"retard".  Now that's a questionable one, which obviously would not
be liked by the politically correct set, even though many of them
probably agree with the sentiment expressed.  And many of those with
learning disabilities are probably upset with being compared with GWB.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH