Re: the language watch continues

On 5 Sep 2000,  Larry Weil wrote:

> At 8:14 AM -0400 9/5/00, Dave Faneuf wrote:
> >I'd leave it uncensored.  If it were one of George Carlin's 7 deadly
> >words then I'd edit it, but leave enough in so that you would know what he
> >said.  If he said it about me I'd probably use it on my resume :-)
>
> So you'd base your decisions about news coverage on a comedy routine?

Jay Leno, in his monolog tonight, said, "We can't say the word on the air
because this is Hollywood, not Washington, but it rhymes with 'brass
pole.'"  He then went on to use "brass pole" as a substitute expression.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/