Re: Censorship at WTKK

At 12:25 PM 8/6/00 -0400, Norm Rosen wrote:
>...I find WTKK 96.9 to be a very good, if not great talk station...one
>annoying thing going on,...If a guest on one of the talk shows mentions
>another station's call letters, it gets censored. It is often done in a
>rushed, sloppy  way,( because of what little time available on the delay).
>In the the times that I've heard it done, I felt it was also unneccesary...
I will never forget Arnie Ginsberg reaching the half-hour mark every hour
and saying something like "If you want news now you can tune to WHDH [their
hourly news was at :30], but if you want music here we go..."
I think it was in his WBOS days and not WMEX since WMEX had news, albeit
not during Arnie. I don't think Richmond Brothers would have cared too
much, then. It definitely wasn't on his brief stint at WRKO-FM!

Takin' it Easy99.1,
Bill Piacentini
billpi@LL.MIT.EDU
As we close the 20th Century A.D. with one last year (2000) let me join
with my favorite radio station locally-owned WPLM-FM 99.1 with perhaps the
largest playlist in the free world playing a unique blend of great music by
great artists in wishing everyone success in this its second year of its
unique format!