Re: Censorship at WTKK

On Sun, 06 Aug 2000 12:25:54 -0400 Norm Rosen <inorm99@earthlink.net>
writes:
> I often flip through the news and talk stations as I'm driving home
> from  work, and although I find WTKK 96.9 to be a very good, if not
great
> talk station
> snip<

> If a guest on one of the talk shows mentions another station's call
> letters, it gets censored.
>
> Norm Rosen

A common practice, I actually I heard David Brudnoy warn a guest not to
mention Mike Barnicle's name during a discussion about columnists because
he now works for a competing station even though the call letters were
not mentioned.

df
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.