ex-'RKO-ers at WMEX

When WMEX made its debut at 1060, it was noted that
many ex-WRKO personnel were on the station. Tuned in
this morning to hear Bob Katzen filling in for
Marjorie Clapprood, and it became even more apparent.
In addition to Bob, newsperson Karen
Moscow was there and so was producer Rob Bernstein
("Deputy" on 'RKO's Howie Carr Show). Add to that
Gene Burns, Jerry Williams (however sporadically),
Tai (he did some fill-ins), and others (I think The
Money Experts are on WMEX now as well?) and you have
a place for many, many ex-WRKO people.

And speaking of Rob Bernstein, I remember when North
Shore Sunday did an article on him and his
confrontation with House Speaker Charlie Flaherty
while working for Howie. Rob was kicked out when he
asked some very sensitive questions (the excerpt was
on 'RKO's website for awhile). There was also a
picture of Howie with Rob, Virgin Boy, and then-
assistant producer Paul "Butchie" Brennan. (I had
the article for awhile then passed it on to someone
else.)