Re: Censorship at WTKK

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:23:07 -0700 (PDT) "Bob Nelson...WMWM"
<bobonradio@yahoo.com> writes:
> Maybe the fear is that someone may hear the call
> letters and tune away to that station. Example:
> CALLER ON WRKO: "Howie, I love your show. You're so
> much better than the guys on WBZ."
>
> LISTENER (to himself or herself):Hmm...that reminds
> me.
> I gotta check the traffic situation...and I know
> WBZ does updates every ten minutes...
>
> (sound of radio button being pushed)
> NEWS ANCHOR ON WBZ: "Time now for Traffic on the
> 3s..."
> (Listener stays tuned to WBZ for the rest of the
> drive home.)

No, I don't think that is an exageration at all, that is exactly what
programmers are trying to avoid.  As a matter of fact, back when I was on
WBZ briefly in the late 80's the ND at the time told me not to give
partial Red Sox scores during the ball game for that very reason.

DF
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.