Re: Censorship at WTKK

During WRKO's newscast, they'll plug the Red Sox game
("that game on our sister station, AM 850, at 7 pm")
or sometimes give the score out if a 'cast occurs
while the game's being played. Notice that when they
"plug" the game they give the frequency but not the
call letters. (If WRKO and WEEI weren't co-owned
you can bet this "plug" probably wouldn't happen.)

On those times when the Red Sox and Celts conflict,
WEEI's "sports flash" will say (for example) "Red Sox
play Detroit tonite at 7 here on WEEI; Celts play the
Washington Wizards at 7:30, that game on AM 680".