Re: Censorship at WTKK

Norm Rosen wrote:

> If a guest on one of the talk shows mentions another station's call
> letters, it gets censored.

IMHO, it's a refreshing holdover to the days when stations had a sense
of independence in their market and a sole dedication to their
singular listener.  As for outside of market stations, you still would
have to convince me that other calls would be so important to the
conversation that they'd fly.  Would their mention add to the context
and quiver-up the demo like a jaunt in the sprinkler?  If it's radio
on radio or memory lane regarding talent, then let 'er rip.

I think I'll line up in BK and talk up the McNuggets phenomenon.  Then
I'll sing the Ames theme at Marshalls until the paper slippers show
up.

Bill O'Neill