Re: WBZ overnights

I forgot who mentioned Jefferson Kaye as one of the occupants of the
overnight shift, but that person was correct.

I have a station one-sheet on Kaye (undated, but one of set including
DeSuze/Maynard/Dunn/Bradley/Kennedy/Summer, so probably about 1964).  It
says he was a Balitmore native who spent four years in the Air Force.  In
1958 he started his broadcast career at WRIB Providence, then switched to
WHIM.

"Determined to break into a large Radio operation, Jeff heard about the
allk-night opening at WBZ and immediately auditioned for the job.  It
didn't take long to realize that here was a valuable addition to the
staff and the vote was unanimous:  'Hire him!'  The decision has proven
to be a valid one for six months later Jeff was moved into the WBZ
afternoon slot."  My best guess is that Kaye preceeded Dick Summer on the
all-night show.

He is still active in NFL films based in the Philadelphia area.

Ed Brouder
Man From Mars Productions
http://www.manfrommars.com

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!