Re: WBZ overnights

At 12:10 PM 7/5/00 -0400, brouder@juno.com wrote:
>Dick Summer was all-night on WBZ by March, 1964 (from an aircheck).  He
>was replaced by Dave Michaels (listed in the Globe February 4, 1968), but
>I don't know exactly when.

I know it was some time in the autumn of 1967, probably in late September.
Jay Dunn left, and there was a major shuffling of jocks, with only Carl
deSuze remaining in the same airshift.  As I recall in the new schedule
Carl did AM drive, then Ron Landry 9:30-12:30, Dave Maynard 12:30-3:30
followed by Bruce Bradley 3:30-6 and then Dick Summer 8-mid.  This was in
reaction to WRKO pulling the rug out from under WBZ's market dominance.  I
think they also started carrying the Patriots that year, too.  The
transition away from Top 40 had begun.