Re: WCRB signal

On 25 Jun 2000,  Sven Franklyn Weil wrote:

> Joe, have you tried collapsing the antenna on your radio (shortening it)?
> I've found that it helps when the radio is getting overloaded with too many
> signals (If I'm too near an FM candelabra, like the Empire State Bldg. or
> the World Trade Center.)  I imagine it holds true for the Pru also, right
> (ditto for Hancock)?

Thanks for the suggestion.  As I said a moment ago in my post to Rob
Landry, I do plan to try experimenting with the antenna (which is already
pretty short) and maybe the notch filter that he suggested.

> P.S. Thanks for making some sense of Larry's ramble.  I agree with you on
> the high repetition factor of commercial classical stations -- but
> sometimes I prefer that than yet another "Jammin' Oldies" or "NEW Adult
> Contemporary" setup.
>
> On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, A. Joseph Ross wrote:
> >
> > Because I've heard the interfering signal identify itself.  It's WROR.
>
> --
> Sven F. Weil
> email: sven@gordsven.com
> WWW homepage: http://www.gordsven.com/sven

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/