Re: Boston TV memories?

Brian T. Vita wrote:
>  From the depths of my caffeine soaked brain I recall a Friday or Saturday
> night movie host on channel 56 (WKBG days) called the Ghoul.  He did a
> sci-fi/horror hosting gig.  I recall one show where he blasted himself
> around the studio on a fire extinguisher.  I think that he also used to do
> stuff with Cheez Whiz or something.  Back to my coma.

The Ghoul is still around (I think in Detroit) and has a webpage

www.theghoul.com

I vaugely remember his habit of setting off firecrackers in everything
(messy things such as mashed potatoes) and jumping around on a Hoppity-Hop.
At the time he was on 56 I think he was based in Cleveland.

I remember seeing Major Mudd at a Waltham Easter Parade in the late '60s,
along with Rex Trailer  (and still have an old Super 8 film of it), but I
don't remember any other slogan he used besides IBBY (and the IBBY song is
starting to fade from memory).  There was another "TV type" there but I
don't recall who he was (it didn't look like Willie Whistle).

Paul Bacchiocchi