Re: Boston TV memories?

I think Ch. 56 used to run a syndicated movie host
from Chicago named Svengoolie (formerly played by
Jerry Bishop, currently played by Rich Koz... on
Chicago's WCIU-TV Channel 26). The show features
sci-fi/ horror movies along with funny bits (like
"Svensurrround") and song parodies.
Not sure if that was whom you meant.