Re: Boston TV memories?

At 12:21 PM 3/14/00 -0500, Chuckigo@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 03/13/2000 11:42:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>dlh@donnahalper.com writes:
>
><< 1.  Major Mudd's real name and where he was from?  (I recall it was Ed
>  McConnell-- or was it McDonnell-- ???)  And does anybody know for sure what
>  year he died?  His main slogan was "I'll be blasting you", but did he use
>  any other slogans?
>
>  2. In the late 1960s, the old Kaiser Globe station,  WKBG, Channel 56, had
>  a "Captain
>  Boston" and some character named "Bunker Hill" hosting cartoons, while WSBK,
>  Channel 38, had "Willie Whistle" and a "Bwana Don."   (I don't remember-- I
>  was away at college by then.  Does this bring any recollections?) >>
 From the depths of my caffeine soaked brain I recall a Friday or Saturday
night movie host on channel 56 (WKBG days) called the Ghoul.  He did a
sci-fi/horror hosting gig.  I recall one show where he blasted himself
around the studio on a fire extinguisher.  I think that he also used to do
stuff with Cheez Whiz or something.  Back to my coma.

Brian

Brian Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St.
Peabody, MA  01960-5626  USA
Sales & Service ->(800)231-8849 US & Canada
Sales & Service Fax ->(800)329-2775
Business Office -> (978)538-7575
Business Fax -> (978)538-7550

***Visit Our Web Site at www.cssinc.com***
Check out our new online webstore for cinema supplies!
CSS, Inc. is a proud member of ITEA & NSCA