Re: TV channels

<< I believe the gap frequencies (72 - 76 MHz) were originally used for
land-mobile services, I'm not sure what they're used for today...>>

75.0 megaHertz is a worldwide frequency for aircraft marker beacons, which
are a component of most ILS installations. The frequencies adjacent to that
are used primarily for land mobile links to (and from) remote transmitter
sites. There is also a band for model airplane control within that range.