FCC grants WMEX application to modify its CP for critical hours

It seems to have turned out easier than I thought it
would be for WMEX 1060 to get approval of its augmented
critical-hours standard pattern. I'm not quite sure of
the FCC's procedures, though. The FCC has granted the
application for modification of CP, but as far as I can
tell from the FCC Web site, has not yet granted the
station's application for a license to cover. WMEX filed
that application the day after the FCC accepted for
filing the station's (now granted) application for a
modification of CP. There may be a comment period before
the FCC is allowed to grant a license to cover. If so,
Infinity may still have a shot at creating problems for
Langer, though it now seems unlikely that Infinity is
interested in causing such problems.