1060 Engineering Question

I'm not sending this message via my normal E-Mail account. To respond,
reply to: <notquite@hotmail.com>. Thanks!

With the power upgrade (but still daytime-only) for WMEX-1060, I have a
question which perhaps one of the tech types on this list can answer:

Could the 1060 signal be diplexed off the WDIS towers in Norfolk, and,
with the two existing towers in-place there, be made directional to the
north and northeast, with a deep null to protect KYW in Philadelphia?
And could a null allow 1060 to operate 24 hours a day? And if so, how
much day/night power could be used?

It's my guess (I'm not a tech junkie) that such a diplexed signal would
cover prety much the area inside Route 495, but would probably not be
strong (especiallyat night) in Providence or along the South Coast (Fall
Rivr/New Bedford/parts of the Cape). Would this be a good guess?

Joseph Gallant
Reply to: <notquite@hotmail.com>