Re: person of the decade, anyone?

<< radio's contribution to the dumbing of America is just about complete. >>

Well, one form of vermin begets another. The politicians who started the
process of dumbing down America continue to give the Rush Limbaughs plenty
of material. If we still had the small, altruistic government envisioned by
the Founders, it's unlikely people would find interest in listening to
someone poke fun and criticism at it for three hours a day.

How many of the 800 or so stations carrying Limbaugh today would even be on
the air had he not arrived on the scene? And how many of the 10,000 other
radio stations in America would be at all viable it they had to survive as
stand-alones?  I'd say fewer than half in each instance.