Re: Why don't more stations webcast? (Was Re: web-WHRB in today's Globe)

Martin writes: <snip> So, my topic is: Why would you *not* put your
station on the
> web? Especially AM stations that have so much trouble penetrating
big
> office buildings in the downtowns of large cities (and FMs have
trouble
> with this, too, of course)? IMO, it's another way to reach the
at-work
> audience, especially. What are the reasons against?

I think that it's because media players, RA, etc. are just not there
yet in terms of ease of use (like Garanimals that keep my shirt and
pants matching for the office).  The technology may be a snap for the
facile techos (all the other descriptors are taken).

My sister and I just spent a bunch of time exploring Palm Pilots vs.
Window CE products.  Call me crazy, but, I envision a day that the
devices will match with cellphones and cyber audio will be portable.
Uncle Mel will likely hop on the bus by then.

Bill O'Neill