Re: CBS Fires Sean McDonough

In a message dated 12/11/99 2:19:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kvahey@megsinet.net writes:

<< When WABU got the Sox contract in 1996, Gary and Sean made it too the final
 cut, and the Sox decided to stick with Sean. >>

I hope Fox will hire McDonough -- it would seem to be a logical fit given the
possible combination of affiliate-network work which they could give him.
While I like McDonough and his work quite a bit (when he has had occasion to
do radio work, such as BC football and a couple of Sox games last year, it's
been stellar), I don't know if he has that "Fox attitude," the high-level
intensity which you sense when watching one of their broadcasts. He might
indeed be a better fit for ABC/ESPN, though I would definitely miss him
working Red Sox games. (I don't think Fox, even at the local level, would
want to share on-air talent with another network, no?)

-Sean