Re: CBS Fires Sean McDonough

It was actually the Maine Guides.  He had done some UMaine sports in Bangor
and got the Guides job when Bangor lawyer Jordan Kobritz brought the AAA
Guides to Old Orchard Beach.  Thorne did the games solo in the booth, and
while solid on play by play, in my opinion, was pretty boring.  It's hard to
handle a three hour broadcast solo and he's certainly showed that my original
opinion of his abilities was premature.

I believe Thorne's first big break was getting a job doing NY Mets games on
the radio.  Later, he moved to the NJ Devils before getting to ESPN.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine

In a message dated 12/11/99 5:46:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,