First airborne radio traffic reports?

        All these posts about Boston radio past have prompted me to
remember a question from a couple months ago: What station did the first
traffic reports in the U.S. from an aircraft?
        This came up on AIRWAVES, the national radio newsgroup. Claims of
first were being made for WOR, but it appeared to me that WHDH may have
been very close to the same time or earlier than WOR, in the late '50s,
although it also may be that neither of them was first. I think the claim
for WOR was for a start sometime in 1958 or 1959.
        Does anyone know when WHDH started? My first recollection is in the
early '60s with Kevin O'Keefe and the "Skyway Patrol." I think they used a
helicopter. I don't know if he was their original traffic reporter.