Re: changes in 50s radio-- some possible answers

Donna Halper noted:

> A note of TV trivia-- 1956 was when Rex Trailer's popular kids' TV show,
> Boomtown, debuted (27 April 1956, to be exact) on Channel 4.

Hmm.  That means he had a recording career before the TV show.  A recent
addition to my collection of 78s is ABC-Paramount 9662:  "Cowboys Don't
Cry" b/w "Hoofbeats" by Rex Trailer with orchestra conducted by Sid
Feller (any relation to Sherm?).  If Glen Gart's "The American Record
Label Dating Directory and Dating Guide, 1940-1050" is to be believed,
this record was released at the end of 1955.  Mr. Trailer gets writing
credits on "Hoofbeats," by the way.