Re: AM 940

At 09:49 PM 6/11/99 -0400, you wrote:

>My mistake. 1on1 sports-chicago is on AM-95.
>I should have known better...since I freely admit listening to them :P

Not any more. One-on-One recently sold WIDB to all-Spanish Radio Unica (for,
I think, $15 million). So, as far I know, 950 in Chicago is now Spanish.
One-on-One moved its programming to a suburban signal, which may be an FM,
although I seem to recall something about suburban daytimer WNVR (AM 1030).

By the way, WIDB is a most unusual operation with two TX sites and night
power that is higher than the day power (1 kW-D/5 kW-N DA-N). The day site
is a rooftop antenna atop a low warehouse building on Chicago's South Side
near Lake Michigan. The night site is a rare six-tower in-line array located
in northern Indiana south of Chicago. The pattern is a teardrop with nearly
all of the signal beamed due north.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205