Re: Interesting tropospheric ducting this morning

Yesterday morning, about 7:45, I caught WRCH, New Britain on 100.5. When I
turned into the same frequency around 7:00PM, I heard (quite clearly) CIOK,
St. John. That came through almost the whole night. On 96.5, clear as a
bell, there was a station from Halifax, Nova Scotia, that I didn't get the
calls of, but called itself "Sun 96.5". On 100.1, I caught CIOO for a time
before midnight. I heard CBC on 91.3 and 106.5. Later on, after sundown, I
heard several stations from the Virginia area - a classic rocker on 106.9
that went by the moniker of "the Fox", WJCD on 105.3, and a CHR on 104.5
that completely clobbered WXLO. I also heard stations from Maine, and the
New Hampshire ones came through better than normal.

                                       - Keith W. Barry
                                        barry@massed.net