Marconi (nice beach!)

>Non-history buff Chuck Igo wrote the other day:
>did anyone work with Marconi?  was he a bear on the hotline?  how about his
>music clocks?  did they allow for more than 350 well tested tunes?  did he
>ever do mornings at WLAW? just curious?  <g>

        I don't think anyone on this list did, but we should check with Bob
Steele. And Dave Maynard may have met him.
        I heard that all Marconi's stations had the same format--real
intensive information-based programming. And they never used the same
script twice. No music, not even jingles. But really big signals <bg>.

Have you patronized the signal of a spark-gap wireless telegraph station today?