Re: Interesting tropospheric

Friday was quite an impressive day for tropospheric reception. Here's what
I heard in early evening on a car radio in Arlington, MA.

My best catch was CBHY Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, on 92.1, sounding like a
local for several minutes. I heard the end of the 7 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. AT
newscast, then "CBC Nova Scotia" ID, Nova Scotia weather, and into "This
Morning, Tonight."

A couple of minutes later, and much weaker, I heard French on 102.3 that
was presumably CBZF (Radio Canada) Fredericton, New Brunswick.

Not surprisingly, Maine was coming in strong at the same time. Here's my
whole log:

89.3 WMSJ Freeport, ME (best guess)
89.9 WERU Blue Hill, ME (positive ID)
90.1 WMEA Portland, ME (positive ID)
92.1 CBHY Yarmouth, NS (positive ID)
102.3 CBZF Fredericton, NB (best guess, French language)
106.9 WAVX Thomaston, ME (best guess, classical music; held up impressively
adjacent to WMJX)
107.5 WTHT Lewiston, ME (positive ID, country fighting with classical WFCC
from Cape Cod)

Kevin Kelly

- ------
Kevin A. Kelly