Re: AM 940

>Now that the Canadians have temporarily left 940, been listen to 940 and
>hearing
>a 1on1 sports station here. My limited resources have not helped me ID this
>station. Anyone help ID this 1on1 sports station on 940 heard around 10pm.

        The Chicago question was clarified (it's 950 kHz.) WGFP, Webster,
Mass., should be powered down all the way to zero at night, according to my
1997 NRC log and the FCC database. It's a daytimer.
        My nominee (again, based on this 1997 list) would be WINZ, Miami. I
always try to think big <g>. WINZ lists 1on1 among its affiliations,
although as far as I know it is not all sports, but some sort of news/talk
combo. It's also 10 kW night, directional, with almost a total null  toward
Montreal (and, so, toward us). And it's sunset time for June should be
8:15. But it's 50 kW day, non-DA, and at some times some of the South
Florida AMs get special authorizations to run higher power because of the
Cuban jamming. Last time I was in Miami a few years ago, WINZ was getting
clobbered at certain times. You couldn't hear it 15 or 20 miles out of the
city.