Re: WHDH and Blue/ 1956

On 9 Jun 99,  Sven Weil wrote:

> Atlantic Broadcasting Company owned WABC-880 in New York at that time.
> This station later became WCBS-AM, principal station for Columbia
> Broadcasting.

Not at that time.  CBS owned WABC-880 for quite some time during the 1940s
at least.  I don't remember the date, but I think it was sometime in 1947
that WABC became WCBS and WEAF became WNBC on the same day.

> They had nothing to do with the American Broadcasting
> Company, which used WJZ-770 as it's principal station after NBC sold off
> it's Blue Network.  WJZ changed to WABC somewhere in the mid to late 40s
> or so, I think.

WJZ and WJZ-TV became WABC and WABC-TV in 1953.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/