Re: Older vs. Younger Demos: HUH???????

At 08:24 AM 5/4/99 -0400, Tim Davisson wrote:

>HUH????  Unless the world turned upside down overnight, the facts are
>adults age 45-54, 55-64 have the highest average family income of any
>demo, and that adults 65+ have more than 50% of financial assets in
>the US.
>
>This is discretionary and disposable incomes (total income and what's
>left to spend after normal bills are paid).

But how many people in this age bracket just blow it as opposed to spending
it on boring things like college tuition for their kids and investing for
retirement?

It's the teens and 20-somethings that drive the music and entertainment as
well as the fashion industries.  How many people are still going to be
listening to their DMX or N'Sync CDs a year from now?  Very few, they'll be
listening to whatever's hot then.  Ditto for clothes, movies, etc.

Now we boomers know how our parents felt 30 years ago when we constantly
told them that they didn't matter any more.